Monday, August 7, 2017

Back to School with Gymboree


I mentioned in on Instagram last week, but it's still so strange to me that kids go back to school in August here in Arizona. A couple years back I think we even started at the very end of July! Granted, we get out in May- but it still feels a little off to me to be getting school supplies and all ready for a new year while it's still summer. When I was a kid growing up in New Jersey, September was back-to-school month and we would be waiting outside for the bus wearing layers to combat the chilly mornings- not wanting to wear sandals and shorts because it was so hot out! And we are much cooler up here than in Phoenix- I can only imagine how weird it must be for any East Coast transplants there!

This year the boys are in Pre-K and 1st grade. It's pretty wild to think about my babies being so grown up, although the older they get the less sad I find myself becoming about it. These ages are so much fun, and I love the busy-ness that comes with all of the activities, school functions and sports. Charlie turns 4 next week and Henry turns 7 in November. If you've been reading this blog since way back before Henry was born it might seem shocking to you too, to think of him at this age. He's truly a big kid now!

Back to school shopping for these kiddos is always done online. We live in a small town without any great shopping options or even a proper mall. In the past we've had our favorite online stores, so when Gymboree reached out to partner up for this post I wasn't sure. In my mind Gymboree was a site for baby clothes and maybe the occasional big-kid find. I hadn't ever shopped there before and was unsure on the quality of the clothing too. 

The boys and I sat down at the computer and they picked out every item they have on in the photos below. That was so much fun in itself, and one of the cooler things about any sort of posts I do with them now- we make it something fun to plan and do together. Usually the boys do not always like taking photos, but because they had picked everything themselves they were VERY excited to show them off. Henry also wanted me to add that "the lightning bolt jacket is the best jacket he's ever owned." And I like it too!

One of the major things that we try to do as a family is streamline our morning to be super efficient and pleasant. And for us that means planning. My goal is to always lay out clothing and make lunches the night before, and when the boys have a hand in choosing clothing that part goes a lot more smoothly. Other goals for the year include- enjoying dinner together in the dining room 4 nights a week, sticking to our "night before school" planning, and continuing meal prep on Sundays. Everything we are working towards involves organization, and for good reason- it keeps us sane!

So below is a whole round up of fun photos showing our Gymboree picks, and many of the items we'll be laying out the night before throughout this next school year. I'm pretty blown away with the huge selection of clothing they have for every age, newborn up through Henry's size and beyond. And the stuff is so cute! On trend, fun, and one thing I really like is that they take things that kids love (like the digger sweatshirt pictured below), and make it look cool, not cheesy. Not that it's a huge concern for little kid clothing to look super cool, but it is nice to strike a nice balance and find things that make both parent and child really happy. 

I encourage you go take a look at Gymboree's back to school stuff. Such cute items and really great prices for the start of a new year, or anytime really. The quality is excellent as well. I sort of feel like I discovered some great new store to shop at, even though I know Gymboree is probably old news to many of you! 

I hope wherever you are, if you're already back in school or heading that way, you have a wonderful start. Sending lots of love!

xoxo

Outfit details- ALL of these items are on super sale so be sure to click through-

Henry:

Charlie:


This post was shared in partnership with Gymboree.

7 comments:

  1. That picture of Henry blows my mind!! He is so grown up !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my gosh Teresa, ME TOO! It's so crazy!

      Delete
  2. East Coast here and we start school TOMORROW! We were also post-Labor Day here when I was a kid, but the schedules have changed drastically due to SOL testing (they go back early in order to finish the teaching unit and test before Christmas break, thus, not "losing" all the information over the time off). It's super strange for me, especially as the weather is now hotter than it ever was when I was a kid (how do you dress appropriately for 100+ degree weather??). I feel like Summer really kind of just started here (late July/early August is our hottest time of year) but it's OVER.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What! Wow! Okay maybe it was just when I was a kid that the schedules were like that. Man, that's a bummer. I also love starting the Fall. I hope you guys had a great first day back! :)

      xo

      Delete
  3. I worked on this project too and totally got my son the same navy shirt and shoes! Great minds think alike!

    Paige
    http://thehappyflammily.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yay, Paige! Great minds for sure! :)

      xoxo

      Delete
  4. I'm in New Hampshire, the kids will start the 28th!

    ReplyDelete