Monday, May 15, 2017

Olive's Nursery



I've shared quite a few peeks in Olive's room over the past few months, but I wanted to get together a post that included all sources in one place! I've absolutely loved putting together this room- I started it before she arrived and the whole time I kept thinking about how exciting it was to be able to choose pink things for a girl's space! Who knows if Olive will like pink once she's older, but for now I definitely wanted to include a few pink things that felt girly to me. The overall vibe I was going for is open, airy, and warm. The room still has a bit to go- it needs some shelving over to the left of the dresser to hold some keepsakes- her first tiny shoes she will soon outgrow, some photos, and a special little woven Olive rattle given to us by a friend- but I wanted to share now because if I kept waiting until it was "finished" I wouldn't ever get this up.

My goal was to create a space for our baby girl that she could grow into. She's not even sleeping in her room now, so I know once we do it will change again. More toys, more things in general, and little bits added in as her personality and likes develop. But I think this is a great canvas for her to make her own. It feels like a baby's room, but also not like a nursery at the same time. When I walk into her space I feel like it's very calming and warm, which makes me happy, and I hope it's a place she really loves once she's old enough to notice. Clutter-free and pretty simple, this might be my favorite room in the house.

Below the photos I've included all sources- let me know if there's anything I missed!








Sources:

Crib- c/o Fisher Price- I LOVE this crib. It's VERY affordable at under $200 and looks like some other cribs that sell for $1000+. Hank and I were both blown away by this crib when we put it together. It's very sturdy and solid, and easy to assemble also. Two thumbs way up on this one!
Crib Mattress- c/o Brentwood Home- see my post on it here.
African Juju Hat (white piece above crib)- c/o Zeal Living- mine is a size large.
Rug- Anthropologie
Crib sheet- Little Unicorn, c/o The Baby Cubby. I really, really love The Baby Cubby and all of the items they have on their site. It's a really well curated baby shop where you can get necessities but also really fun items to spruce up your little one's room.
Baskets next to crib- c/o Land of Nod
Blankets- there are a bunch in the basket but honestly the only ones you need are from Bebe au Lait (the cactus, polka dot, floral, etc are all from them). They are truly the best blankets ever- so soft and they only get softer with use and washing!
Rainbow- c/o Shop Little Clementine- I LOVE this shop- so many amazing items!
Bunny stuffed animal- c/o Cuddle & Kind- a purchase of one of these dolls provides 10 meals to families in need!
Book ledges- Amazon (I will list out and link the books in a post later this week!)
Window covering- Blinds.com
Ceiling Fan- Amazon
Glider- c/o Land of Nod- this comes with an ottoman too, which I love- but for the sake of these photos I didn't include it because it takes up so much space. I'll post a nursery update once I get the shelves up, and include it then! This chair is very, very comfortable and I'm looking forward to using it a lot with Olive.
Gold lamp- Target
Table- c/o Wayfair (linked a very similar one)
Books- c/o The Baby Cubby (will include in the books post mentioned above)
Rainbow stacking toy- c/o The Baby Cubby- we really love this stacker and highly recommend it. Baby safe, eco-friendy, and so pretty!
Dresser- Living Spaces- this looks identical to the West Elm version...we didn't want to spend a fortune on a kid's dresser so we went with this much cheaper option and are very, very happy!
Mirror- CB2
Changing pad- c/o Brentwood Home
Changing pad cover- Burt's Bees
Diaper basket- c/o Land of Nod
Small gold basket- Anthropologie
Laundry hamper- c/o Land of Nod
Basket in closet- c/o Land of Nod
Moses Basket- c/o Plum & Sparrow
Baby Gym- c/o Finn and Emma

Let me know if you have any questions! 
xo 

2 comments:

  1. This is darling! I love that you used "real furniture" that will transition as she grows!

    ReplyDelete